John E. Kirk Aviation Scholarship – How To Apply
How do I apply?
- First, review the requirements below. If you qualify and wish to apply, click here to print your application, and submit to the career counselor at your high school no later than Tuesday, September 12th, 2017.
- To provide initial pilot training to a Citrus County high school senior, leading to FAA certification as a Private Pilot ASEL. Alternatively, advanced training of an equivalent value may be arranged.
- Senior in good standing at a Citrus County high school.
- Seventeen (17) years of age by March 1st of senior year.
- Grade point average of 3.0 or above.
- Strong interest in aviation career.
- Meets requirements of FAA Third Class physical.
- Waivers of (2) and (3), above, will be considered for otherwise exceptional candidates.
- A committee comprised of the County Aviation Advisory Board’s chairman, Crystal Aero Group’s president, and Citrus County Aviation Association’s president (or designated representatives) will review applications and select a short list for personal interviews. (Applicants unable to attend the interview on the scheduled date will be considered on the basis of record only.) The review committee will select a primary candidate and a first and second alternate by September of the senior year.
- Training will take place with Crystal Aero Group.
- The scholarship includes all costs associated with training, including ground school, training materials, dual and solo flights, aviation medical exam and all stage and final flight and ground tests. Value: $8,000
- Training must be completed within six months of the date of selection.
- Flight hours limited to the minimum required hours of 35.
- Employees of Crystal Aero Group and their dependents are not eligible for this scholarship.